Aug 22, 2010

Gear Review: Nathan Quickdraw Plus

Ever since I started running, I immediately took the topic of hydration seriously having read through the dangers of dehydration and heat stroke. Even if I was joining 5K and 10K races before, I made sure that I understood the inherent risks of the sport and made sure that I brought with me my own hydration pack. Of course, race organizers are obliged to provide hydration to runners during races, some organizers took this seriously while the others were, if I might, irresponsible. On the other hand, it has been my policy ever since, even outside running, that I do not put my safety in the hands of others. I made sure that I can control what I can control.

With these thoughts in mind, I searched for the right hydration kit that suited my needs. After going to several sports shops, I found what I needed at the Toby's Sports branch in SM Megamall in the form of the Nathan Quickdraw Plus.



It is a 650ml handheld hydration bottle which is more than enough to hold a bottle of Gatorade or Pocari or just plain water. When you screw its cover, the fit is tight thus you are assured that whatever liquid is inside the bottle will not spill while you are running. When you open its cap by pulling up the yellow rubber stopper, you just need to apply a small amount of force and liquid will come out immediately to quench your thirst.

It takes getting use to though in carrying the hydration bottle while running since it is a bit heavy when fully filled. You can also hear the liquid sloshing inside the bottle while you are running. On the other hand, this is a small sacrifice to pay in ensuring proper hydration during races. By the way, a plus factor for this hydration bottle is the pocket where I am able to fit car keys, identification cards and paper bills.

This was my trusty water bottle that accompanied me in my 5K and 10K races and trainings. Unfortunately though, I needed to upgrade my hydration pack for the longer distances that I planned to cover thus my quest for my next hydration pack started again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Your reviews are awesome and very helpful. I will definitely bookmark this and check periodically for updates. Was wondering if you still remember how much this one cost? I just started running and I am now looking at hydration kit so I can last longer. Thank you!

    -YM

    ReplyDelete